Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Basil Pesto

 
 
With all of these different pasta recipes going on, I feel like I can't exclude my Basil Pesto recipe.  I love how it tastes, but for some reason I find that when making pasta I very rarely reach for my pesto.
 
 

Instead I try and find different uses for it.  I marinate chicken in pesto to grill or skewer and grill (kebobs, kebabs, kabobs...why do I find every variation of this word out there?),  I toss zucchini in it for Pesto Zucchini Noodles.  I mix it with some mayo and use it as a condiment on sandwiches.  For such a simple sauce it packs a delicious little punch of flavor that is sure to delight in whatever why you find to use it. 

I hope you love it just as much as I do and enjoy.


Basil Pesto
Makes 1 cup

Ingredients:
2 cups basil leaves, packed
1 cup flat-leaf parsley
4 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1.  Combine the basil, parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, parmesan
 and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.  Add in the olive oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.  Season with salt and black pepper.


 Want more recipes, food info, and pictures more often?  Then follow me on Facebook!  Click then link below to check out my Facebook page.
Brittany M on Facebook at: Cooking with Brittany
 

No comments:

Post a Comment