Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mushrooms


     This weekend was a crazy busy time.  With graduation happening this past December, we pushed back a party until January so we weren't interfering with any holiday plans people might have.  Single best idea, I had one aunt and cousin make a surprise trip up from Florida and that completely made the weekend!  Don't get me wrong, I spent all of last week preparing and prepping for Saturday and then spent all of Saturday freaking out that I wasn't going to have everything done in time.  (Did I mention I am a slight control freak, so when my parents decided to throw the party I took over all of the food planning and prep and wanted to do it all on my own-talk about giving yourself a mini heart attack!)  But all of that was well worth it just to get to spend a great time with family and friends and see them enjoying the food that I made. 

     These little crazy delectables might not look like much but their filling packs a delicious punch with all the green onions and garlic mixed into the cream cheese mixture.  And what item isn't better with BACON??  Not to mention wrapped in bacon, that just takes me to a happy little place.  For now I'll just post the one picture I have from the party.  But I'll be making these little babies again soon at home and I'll have my camera a little more handy so I can take better pictures and I'll update the post then.  Just knew that it's almost been TEN days since I last posted.  Goodness I didn't even realize that it had been that long.  My new mission now is to try and actually make a post every day if I can (this is the only reason I didn't post all of the picture and recipes from this past weekend).



Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mushrooms
20 baby bella mushrooms, stems removed
4 oz. cream cheese
5 green onions, thinly sliced
1 bulb roasted garlic
Kosher salt
Ground black pepper
10 slices thick cut bacon

1.  In a small bowl or mixer, combine cream cheese, green onions, roasted garlic and salt and black pepper.  Mix to completely combine.
2.  After stems have been removed from mushrooms, and cleaned stuff each mushroom with cream cheese mixture.
3.  Cut each slice bacon in half.  Wrap each half slice of bacon around a stuffed mushroom.  Use a toothpick to secure if needed (optional).
4.  Place wrapped mushrooms on a cookie sheet.  Place cookie sheet in a oven that has been preheated to 425 degrees F.  Cook until bacon is crisp and mushrooms are soft, around 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment