Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Cherry Tomato and Grape Flatbread



 



Recently I decided to try and find some fun and different ways to make flatbreads or pizza besides your traditional pizza sauce and meat and/or veggie toppings.  Not that a don't love a good homemade slice of pepperoni pizza, I do.  But I love exploring with different sauces and toppings and combinations.  After searching a little I found a lot of different roasted tomato flatbreads recipes, so I decided to take that idea and adapt it slightly with different herbs and by adding some other ingredients...like grapes.

GRAPES?? I know, I know, it sounds a little strange.  But growing up I remember my dad letting me make grape kebobs and cooking them on the grill like any other kebob and I just remember being so surprised by how yummy it was.  It was just this really warm pleasant flavor that I have always enjoyed and wanted to incorporate into a dish.

So give it a try...if you really don't want to add the grapes you don't have too (I'm all about making recipes your own) but I urge you to give this little surprise a try!
Enjoy.

Cherry Tomato and Grape Flatbread
Serves:3-4 (1 flatbread)
Ingredients:
Flatbread dough (homemade or store bought)
Extra virgin olive oil
4 oz. ricotta cheese
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup wine grapes, rinsed and halved
3 sprigs rosemary, minced
2 sprigs oregano, minced
1 sprig thyme, minced
Kosher salt
1 cup arugula
Directions:
1.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  Line baking sheets with parchment and sprinkle with flour.
2.  Roll out the dough into a loose rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.  Transfer this to the prepared baking sheet.
3.  Dot the dough using your finger, making small indents in it.  Brush with extra virgin olive oil.  Spread the ricotta on the surface and then scatter the tomatoes and grapes over the top of that.  Sprinkle with the rosemary, thyme, oregano and salt to taste.
5.  Bake until the crust is golden and the topping nicely charred, about 25-30 minutes.  Top with fresh arugula.



**This picture is from the class I taught, which is why the arugula looks cooked they placed in on the flatbread before baking.  As soon as I get a chance I will be adding new updated pictures, just wanted to share as soon as I could!

Want more recipes, food info, and pictures more often?  Then follow me on Facebook!  Click then link below to check out my Facebook page.
Brittany M on Facebook at: Cooking with Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment