Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Peach Mango Sangrias

This blog has moved to a different site.  To get more great recipes and see new post, go to cookingwithbrittany.com


A good summer drink is something that can make or break a perfect summer day. 
     At least to me it can feel that way.

The right flavors, the perfect lightness.  Just the right amount of sweet or the perfect amount of tang.
Its what makes a summer drink, a SUMMER  drink. 

And what better combination then peach and mango.  It's something I love to blend together for a smoothie, so I thought why can't I put a spin on it and make it something to enjoy poolside or at the next summer cookout you host.

And so the Peach Mango Sangria was born.  Top it off with some lemons and limes to bring some acidity to your drink and this makes the perfect little (or big if your like me) drink to impress your guests or just indulge in at home.


I have to plug this part in...when I originally made this, I bought all of the ingredients and a bottle of Moscoto. 

Well...the wine didn't last before I made the Sangrias, because I had the bottle that night (OOPS)

So like any good parent my mom came to the rescue with a bottle of Riesling she got in Keuka Lake from Bully Hills Vineyard.


This is not an ad, I don't do promos (yet) but I had to sample first (duh!) to make sure it was the right wine for the drink.

Mind blown, I don't usually like Riesling and this would convert me, just sweet enough but not too dry (if your a sweet wine gal like my momma) but it was just perfect and I didn't even miss not having Moscoto.
Sign me up, I can't wait to blog about the vineyard when I'm there in July...which means stay tuned :)

Enjoy :)

Peach Mango Sangria
Makes 5-6 quarts
Ingredients:
750 ml bottle white wine, Moscoto or Riesling
4 cups mango juice or nectar
I 1/2 liter Sprite (lemon - lime soda)
2 cups white rum
2 cups Peach schnapps
2 1/2 cups orange juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup lime juice
4 peaches, cut into thin wedges
3 lemons, sliced thinly
3 limes, sliced thinly
3 mangos, diced

Directions:
1.  Place all on the liquid ingredients into a large pitcher abs stir to combine.
2.  Add in all of your cut fruit. 

Variation:
Instead of dicing mango, blend mango with 2 cups water and place in ice cube trays and freeze.  Complete steps 1 and 2 and add mango ice cubes when read to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment