This blog has moved to a different site. To get more great recipes and see new post, go to cookingwithbrittany.com
Everyone once in awhile, a girl just wants an easy recipe. Something that takes most of the work out of the job and leaves you with something that is quick and easy and most importantly....delicious!
For the icing I cheated again and bought store-bought frosting. I gave it a little personality by adding in some of my homemade Lemon Curd and ended up with delicious tiny little cookies to enjoy. There is even enough so that you can share with others...if you choose too. :)
Cake Batter Butterscotch Cookies with Lemon Curd Icing
1 (15.25 oz.) box vanilla cake mix
1-2 cups butterscotch chips
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup vanilla frosting
4 tbsp. lemon curd
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Using a large bowl, pour in the vanilla cake mix. Add eggs and vegetable oil to the cake mix and mix until well combined. Fold in butterscotch chips so they are evenly distributed throughout the batter. Cover and refrigerate to firm slightly, about 20 minutes.
3. Remove batter from fridge and using a tablespoon spoon out portions and roll into a ball. Place dough balls in a bowl with the powdered sugar and roll around to lightly cover in powdered sugar. After place on parchment lined sheet tray, about 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, until they are just slightly golden and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
5. Lemon Curd Icing: In a small bowl combine the vanilla frosting and lemon curd, stirring to completely combine. When cookies have cooled slightly, drizzle icing over cookies and ENJOY!