Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Tomato Salsa

This blog has moved to a different site.  To get more great recipes and see new post, go to cookingwithbrittany.com


We're celebrating Cinco de Mayo today!

Little behind the eight ball, as I am posting this the day of.  But I lost my iPhone to the water on Saturday so I have been out of the digital world since then (STILL NO NEW PHONE...EKK!) and am trying to play catch up on my phone.


This is my tomato salsa recipe, pretty straight forward but full of amazing flavor.  I don't use salsa a lot, but I made this dish for Salsa Burgers I made last August for my Garden Fiesta Mexican inspired cooking class and it has been my go to salsa dish ever since.

Enjoy :)

Tomato Salsa
Ingredients:
6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
2 jalapenos, roasted, skinned and chopped
1 poblano pepper, roasted, skinned and chopped
1 red bell pepper, small dice
1 red onion, small dice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lime, juiced plus zest
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Fresh parsley, chopped
Scallions, thinly sliced

Directions:
1.  In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the cilantro, parsley and scallions.  Toss together and taste, adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
2.  Add in cilantro, parsley and scallions to your preference.  Place in refrigerator up to 12 hours before serving to optimize flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment