Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Chili Roasted Chickpeas

This blog has moved to a different site.  To get more great recipes and see new post, go to cookingwithbrittany.com


I am a big person for finding inspiration where ever I can, whether it's Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or right here at Google Plus. 

As it was I found a Roasted Chickpeas recipes on Pinterest that looked great for a healthy little snack or tasty little appetizer to have at a party that I used for inspiration for this recipe.

However, 
                     after deciding to try out this recipe, Joy Stewart from The Joyous Kitchen posted this yummy looking picture of Crunchy Fried Chickpeas with Garlic.

This is Joy's Crunchy Fried Chickpeas with Garlic from her website The Joyous Kitchen
....So I decided to try both recipes out in the same night.  And from that a wondrous thing was born, I mixed the too together.  It sounds so simple, but it truly was just so tasty.  The combination of textures from the two different recipes and the flavors just perfectly complemented one another.  

In closing...this evening of chickpea experiments just reminded me why it is I love find inspiration everywhere, at any time.  Because you just never know what things will call to you and what ideas others are going to give you...so keep on creating!


Below is the Chili Roasted Chickpea recipe I adapted, it's perfect for a snack or little appetizer.  For a side dish, I did the Crunchy Fried Chickpeas with Garlic and tossed it with my Chili Roasted Chickpeas! 

Enjoy :)

Chili Roasted Chickpeas
Makes 1 cup
Ingredients:
15.5 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. ancho chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.  Place chickpeas and all other ingredients in a bowl and combine well, coating the chickpeas completely.
3.  Spread them evenly on a sheet tray and bake for about 40-45 minutes, be sure to check the chickpeas every 15 minutes and give them a toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment